You’re invited to learn how to use RRSP’s, TFSA’s, CPP and employer pensions to maximize your tax savings and retirement income.
You Should Attend If:
- You participate in OMERS or HOOPP pension
- You want to maximize your tax planning or pay less tax
- You are interested in retirement planning
- You want to learn how to make it easier to save for a first time home purchase
- You want to avoid costly long term investment mistakes
- Doug Carroll, JD, LLM (Tax), CFP, TEP, Vice president, Tax & Estate Planning, Invesco
- Mark Stanners, CFP, Manager, Member Investment Services & Branch Compliance, HMECU. Topic: “How to Avoid the Five Most Harmful Investing Mistakes”
About the Event
- When: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:00-9:00 pm (approximately), registration begins at 6:30 pm, light refreshments will be served
- Where: HMECU, 100-1685 Main St W, Hamilton, ON
- Cost: It’s free!
How to RSVP
For more information about this seminar or to RSVP, please email HMECU.Reception@HMECU.com with your name, your contact number and the number of attendees, or call 905-575-8888 to speak to our receptionist. Seating is limited.
About the Speakers
Doug Carroll, JD, LLM (Tax), CFP, TEP
Vice President, Tax & Estate Planning, Invesco
Doug Carroll leads Invesco’s tax and estate planning team in Canada. Doug has worked in similar roles in the life insurance and investment industry at both the manufacturer and distributor levels. Combined with his hands-on experience running an estate planning law practice, he is able to offer practical insights in discussing personal wealth matters. He contributes to and has been quoted in financial industry media including Advisor.ca, Advisor’s Edge Report, The Insurance and Investment Journal and Advocis Forum, and served as the estate planning correspondent for Global Television’s MoneyWise consumer and business affairs program.
In addition to Doug’s law degree, he is also a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP). Most recently, Doug obtained his Master of Laws (LLM) with a specialization in taxation. Professional qualifications aside, Doug gets the greatest satisfaction when people say he “actually speaks English when he speaks law.”
Mark Stanners, CFP
Manager, Member Investment Services & Branch Compliance, HMECU
Mark works with members to help them sustain and improve their financial health throughout changes in life, financial and economic circumstances. He has many years of experience in the investment, insurance and banking industries. In 2002 he earned the Certified Financial Planning (CFP) designation and in 2007 joined HMECU.
Mark has written several market commentaries published on the HMECU website and has lectured many groups on retirement planning, investment strategies, estate planning and financial goal setting.